This Cauliflower Mac N’ Cheese is rich, cheesy, and colorful. The bright yellow color arises from turmeric. The sauce is flavorful with a bit of mustard, and garlic, but the main secret is cheddar cheese.
This Keto friendly recipe delivers all the melty goodness of a mac ‘n’ cheese, without the need of the carb-loaded pasta. A sprinkle of black pepper gives a mild hint of spice that makes this a freezer dinner the entire family can get enthusiastic about.
Make a big portion and freeze an extra for an emergency meal that’s really delightful.
Cauliflower Mac And Cheese | a Vegan Low-Carb Healthy Recipe (NO Pasta)
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 pounds cauliflower florets
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the cauliflower florets and bring the cream to a simmer. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in 6 ounces of the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until the cheese melts into the sauce.
- Add the Dijon mustard, powdered garlic, turmeric, salt, and pepper. The sauce will turn out smooth yellow.
- Add the cauliflower to the cheese sauce. Evenly coat the florets with sauce.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 2 ounces of cheddar cheese, then mix until melted.
- Serve and enjoy.
Macros (per serving):
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 25g
- Carbs: 5.4g
- Protein: 10g
- Fiber: 2g