Quest Nutrition Protein Powder Nutrition Facts Review: What is The Best Flavour?
If you have been using protein powders, you know that its protein-to-calories percentage is very important. That is why powders which deliver a higher percentage are better and Quest Nutrition Protein Powder rank as one of the best in this respect.
With this brand, you can enjoy one of the highest protein percentages using just whey, casein and milk proteins for all your protein needs. (1)
Here is what the brand offers:
Overview of Quest Nutrition Protein Powder:
For anyone familiar with the Quest Nutrition brand, the first thing that comes to mind is their protein bars. However, the company has also ventured into protein powders and with a considerable degree of success.
Competing with many other brands that already have an established market for their protein powders, here’s the thing about Quest Nutrition Protein powders: these protein powders gives you the essential proteins without additional carbs and fats that normally tag along in natural sources of proteins.
Quest Protein Powder Nutrition Info:
One scoop of the Quest Protein Powder comes with 23 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs and zero fat. Of the 4 grams of carbs, 2 are fiber and 1 sugar.
Along with these basics, the powder also offers an impressive calcium, iron and magnesium intake. Of these, one scoop yields 35% of daily calcium, 4% of daily iron and 6% of daily magnesium needs.
On the flip side there is an above than average intake of sodium coming in at 170 mg per scoop or 8% of the daily intake.
Protein supplements can easily turn into nasty blends of confusing ingredients but Quest has kept things simple by using a blend of whey protein, micellar casein and milk protein isolate. (2)
Other ingredients include:
- Natural flavors
- Sunflower lecithin
- Xanthan gum
- Cellulose gum
- Sea salt
On the plus side, there are no artificial flavors. However, there is an artificial sweetener, Splenda which can be a concern for some users.
While the product does not include soy or gluten and very little sugar, it is not a lactose free product.
And unlike other similar products that include digestive enzymes such as lactase and amylase, Quest Protein Powders do not have these. So these powders may not be your best option if you suffer from a sensitive stomach.
Features of Quest Nutrition Protein Powder:
In a rush? Pin this guide to your Pinterest board for later reference!
For their protein powders, Quest seems to have gone the distance to make this line of products baking friendly. That is to say that they have purposely designed a product that you can bake with.
Some notable features of this protein powder make it different from other protein powders of the sort.
- The protein powder has protein isolates rather than the concentrates which is the better calorie friendly option.
- The P/Cal% delivered by this protein powder is 80% at the least. It can increase with change in flavor.
- Different flavors are available and you can choose the one that pleases your taste buds.
- You can either shake it or you can bake it. Both options are delicious and loved by customers.
- The price is quite affordable as compared to some other powders offering the same features.
Benefits of Quest Nutrition Protein Powder:
If you are wondering, “Is Quest Nutrition Protein Powder any good?’’, then this section will be able to answer that question. Quest Nutrition uses protein isolates in its products rather than protein concentrates. Since both are different with respect to the amount of nutrients and calories present, here is what works to your advantage:
- The protein concentrates also have other nutrients in them, which are rich in calories. By using protein isolates, the company filters out any fat content to remove extra calories. In addition, they also remove lactose.
- After the filtration is done, the protein only contains the 9 essential amino acids and no traces of carbs, fats or lactose. This rids the protein powder of extra calories and renders it useable for even those people who suffer from mild lactose intolerance. (3)
- When you take protein from natural sources, the calories getting to your body are also from other nutrients. It is important to get the calories only from proteins and amino acids. Since the protein powder has high P-Cal% ratio, almost all the calories are derived from proteins.
Want to know the best part?
- This protein powder is ideal for people who just cannot keep their hands off milk shakes. When talking about fitness, creamy milkshakes are totally off the table. However, with Quest Nutrition Protein powder, you can enjoy milk shakes that you crave.
- But not everyone is into milk shakes. Some of you might be into baking instead. This protein powder also adds extra taste to your baked goods. Since it comes in different flavors, you can choose the flavor you want your dessert to be.
- This protein powder is all about keeping fun and nutrition on the same page. Moreover, if you are lactose intolerant or you have gluten allergies, you can still enjoy Quest Nutrition desserts. This is because the powder is free of both lactose and gluten.
- For anyone trying to stay fit, carbs are the things to watch out for. They put on those extra pounds you hate so much. Quest Protein Powder nutrition facts show that the protein powder only has 1 to 3 grams of net carbs in a single scoop.
Most customers are highly pleased with the dual function Quest Protein Powders offered- both as a drink and for baking. Customer reviews indicate that the protein powder is considered awesome as it works with everything from smoothies and pancakes to muffins.
The rave reviews for baking can be due to the inclusion of casein since it helps thicken batter and makes for a better baked item.
In terms of dissolution, the powder mixes with water easily and can even be used in daily breakfast pancakes.
Other customers said that they found this protein powder to be better than the others they had used. Reviews confirm that most powders leave a ‘chalky aftertaste’ but the problem was eliminated with this powder.
However, not everyone is one the same page regarding the taste profile of this product. While some flavors are considered better than others, many find the overall taste quite unpleasant.
Quest Protein Powder vs. Optimum Nutrition:
When you talk about Quest Nutrition, there is inevitably a mention of Optimum Nutrition since they are both eminent competitors. They both share almost the same features with a few exceptions.
While Quest has two protein isolates, namely whey and casein, Optimum Nutrition only has a single whey protein isolate. Secondly, the calorie count for both the protein powders is also different.
Quest Nutrition has 110 calories per scoop while the Optimum Nutrition powder has 5 lesser calories. The regard in which Optimum Nutrition is superior to Quest is in the number of flavors.
It has about 10 regular flavors along with 3 natural flavors. Quest Nutrition has fewer favors but they are quite unique, such as Cinnamon Crunch.
In a Quest Protein Powder vs. Optimum Nutrition comparison, it may be hard to say which of the two is better. They both deliver similar benefits to the user. However, if you want an alternate to powders, you can also try other snacks from the company.
|Quest Protein Bars|
|Quest Hero Protein Bars|
|Quest Beyond Cereal Bars|
|Quest Protein Chips|
FAQs and Buying Guides
How many servings are present in one bottle?
There are about 29 servings in one bottle. It comes with a scoop but that scoop size is bigger than the normal protein powders. You can use your own measuring scale if you want to increase or decrease the serving size.
Is the protein powder suitable for weight loss?
Yes, you can certainly use this protein powder for weight loss. Before you start any plan, you need to read all the nutritional informal on the bottle. Since it contains very few calories, you will need more than one serving for you daily needs. (2)
How can I use this powder?
There are different ways for using Quest Nutrition Protein Powder. You can either use it with water or almond milk. If you have some time on your hands and you want to make things a little tasty, you can make a smoothie.
Since this powder is aimed for daily use, you can also include it in your breakfast routine. For instance, you can make pancakes with this powder or you can make your morning milk shake with the yummy vanilla flavor.
The Packaging says that the product contains ‘protein isolates’. What does that means?
Protein isolates means that the proteins in this powder are free of fats and carbs. These additional nutrients add extra calories, which can be a cause of fat-buildup. As such, the company uses protein isolates to keep things healthy and purely protein.
What is the price of this protein powder?
The powder is sold in measures of lbs. Quest Nutrition Protein Powder reviews have shown that people prefer to buy from Amazon. The shipping policy is much flexible and the prices are also lower as compare to other websites.
Is Quest Nutrition Protein Powder good?
The powder does seem like a good choice. If you want to compensate the deficiency of protein in your diet and yet stay fit, this protein powder might be your way to go. Since it is free of side effects or additional chemical, it is quite safe for everyday use.
How many flavors are available?
- Different flavors of protein powders are available:
- Vanilla milkshake
- Salter caramel
- Strawberries and Cream
- Cookies and Cream
- Peanut Butter
- Cinnamon Crunch
- Multi-purpose Mix
- Chocolate Milkshake
- Banana Cream
When can I use this powder?
If you are using it for body-building and workout purposes, you need to use it before a workout. Also, you can use the protein powder first thing in the morning. Other uses include baking any time or you can also use it in your breakfast routine.
Quest Nutrition Protein Powder gets a big thumbs-up from my side. While other protein powders normally only contain whey, this one also has casein. At such a reasonable price, it is hard to find a product with two protein isolates.
It is readily available on Amazon, so all you need is an internet connection to get your hands on this tasty protein powder.
Get the boring out of your life with Quest Nutrition Protein Powder. With multiple tastes to choose from, it might just be the next protein powder taking up the space on your fitness shelf.