If you’re looking for a low-carb, easy weeknight dinner, then this keto recipe is for you!
This low-carb keto chicken enchilada casserole is the perfect combination of chicken meat, red enchilada sauce, and cheese. Although it uses no tortillas, this casserole has all the flavors of enchilada, minus the carbs.
Using few ingredients that can be usually found in the pantry, this recipe can be prepped ahead and kept in the fridge for up to 2 days prior to baking. It makes a great freezer meal, too, so feel free to double the recipe and freeze for further use!
Even if the recipe is very simple, there are a few tips and tricks to make it even better:
- use organic, grass-fed chicken for a boost in flavor;
- for even quicker results, cooked and shredded chicken can substitute the raw chicken breast used in the recipe
- shred your own cheese: a great tip if you want to avoid the added carbs in cheese;
- feel free to use green enchilada sauce over the red one;
- top it with your favorite Mexican toppings such as sour cream, red or green salsa, or sour cream
You can serve this low-carb keto enchilada casserole with mashed cauliflower, sauteed green beans or broccoli, cauliflower rice, tomato salad, or any veggies you want. For a boost in fat intake, add avocado and black olives on top of the dish or as an aside.
– HOW TO DO –
To a pan, melt the butter and cook onions together with the minced garlic until translucent;
Add the enchilada sauce, softened cream cheese, sour cream, and spices, and mix until smooth;
Place the chicken meat in the casserole dish and pour the sauce mixture over the chicken;
Preheat oven to 375˚F;
Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top;
Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole With Cream Cheese Recipe
- 1.5 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- To a pan, melt the butter and cook onions together with the minced garlic until translucent;
- Add the enchilada sauce, softened cream cheese, sour cream, and spices, and mix until smooth;
- Preheat oven to 375˚F;
- Place the chicken meat in the casserole dish and pour the sauce mixture over the chicken;
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top;
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.