How Fast Do You Lose Weight on Ketogenic Diet?
You can lose lots of weight by following a ketogenic diet! It’s a known fact!
But how fast?
That’s the question most keto dieters are asking. They want to know exactly how fast do you lose weight on keto diet.
I can understand your eagerness.
After all, getting into shape can be a thing you just can’t wait to happen. You must already have prepared a long list of things-to-do to flaunt your new-found fitness.
So, before your enthusiasm starts overflowing, let’s find answers to the common question, “How fast do you lose weight on keto diet?”
We will also have a look at some easy ways to get better and faster results so that you can begin ticking the things on your wish list one by one sooner.
Here’s The Main Point…
It may be too difficult to find out exactly how many pounds you can lose in exactly how many days.
Each person’s body is different and hence, the way your body responds to the new diet is going to be different than how someone else’s will.
Hence, the time taken, to be more precise, the exact time taken to lose weight can vary from person to person.
However, that doesn’t mean you just have to wait and watch and let anxiety take over your enthusiasm.
Though we cannot predict how long it may take you to lose weight, we can definitely learn a few parameters that can help determine where you stand in terms of your chances of losing weight faster.
Weight Loss On Keto Diet: Where Do You Stand?
In a rush? Pin this guide to your Pinterest board for later reference!
Let us have a look at some factors that will help you get a fair idea of how fast do you lose weight on keto diet.
1. How Is Your General Health?
Your overall health can play a key role in determining how fast do you lose weight on keto diet.
I understand, you may not be in the best of your health, considering you want to try the keto diet and lose weight.
It is obvious that if you are overweight, your general health may not be all that great and this can be a minor obstacle for you for a quick weight loss.
Besides obesity, a few other indicators of your health given below should also be taken into consideration to find out your chances of losing weight faster.
- Do you suffer from thyroid problems? (1)
- Do you have diabetes or insulin resistance?
- Is the metabolism of your body too slow? (You know it is slow if you hardly sweat even after exertion) (2)
- Do you suffer from any hormonal issues such as menstrual problems, polycystic ovarian disease, or a low sperm count?
If the answers to one or more of these questions are yes, then, unfortunately, you might have to wait a bit longer to lose weight.
But, if you are fairly healthy and free from these issues, you can expect the weight loss results to be noticeable earlier.
2. Define Your Body Composition
Your body composition refers to the percentage of fats in your body in relation to your height. BMI or Body Mass Index provides an indicator to determine your body composition. (3)
It can be calculated as:
BMI = kg (your weight in kilograms) / m2 (square of your height in meters)
A higher than 30 BMI indicates severe obesity, which could also mean a longer time needed to lose weight. On the other hand, the lower the BMI, the faster would be your weight loss.
3. Your Lifestyle Habits
If your lifestyle involves unhealthy habits such as smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, sedentary habits and too many cheat days, your body will need a longer time to adapt to the keto diet. (4)
Hence, the time taken to lose weight will be more!
On the other hand, if you follow a healthy lifestyle and ensure your diet comprises of the right combination of nutrients in proper proportions, you can lose several pounds in just one or two weeks.
4. The Fat Adaptation Process Of Your Body
The time needed for your body to become fat-adapted depends on your metabolic rate. If your diet, so far, comprised of junk foods, in plenty, then, your body has perhaps never used ketones before.
In this case, your adaptation period will be longer and you will experience the weight loss results only after your body starts running only on ketones.
How To Speed Up Weight Loss Results With Your Keto Diet?
Some of the factors that determine how fast do you lose weight on keto diet are beyond your capacity to change now.
Whatever has happened in the past, your earlier unhealthy lifestyle habits, your food intake, or your illness cannot be modified.
But, you can definitely change some of these factors and adopt healthy ways to speed up the weight loss in the future with your keto diet.
Let us have a look at the most effective ways to lose more weight in a shorter duration while on a keto diet.
- Increase the intake of healthy fats because your current fat intake is not sufficient enough to stimulate ketosis.
- Reduce your carb intake as much as possible; the lesser of carbs you consume, the faster would be the weight loss.
- Stop eating nuts for your protein requirement as they contain hidden carbs. (5)
- Cut out artificial sweeteners; some of them do contain sucrose, a form of carbohydrate.
- Look for hidden carbs in packaged foods and ready meals.
- Even better, stop eating processed foods and ready meals altogether.
What’s The Bottom-Line…
The number of pounds you can lose in a week or so depends on the factors we discussed above.
You do have control over some factors that modify how fast do you lose weight on keto diet. Hence, even if the results have been slower, you should not lose hope and be consistent.
Follow the tips given here to speed up the process of keto-adaptation and weight loss results.
You can also use Perfect Keto Products to stimulate the process of production of ketone bodies and lose weight in a shorter duration.
- Perfect Keto Strips Review: Let This Ketone Testing Strips Show You Your State of Ketosis!
- Perfect Keto Perform Pre Workout Review: Does It Work?
- Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder Review: How Will This Supplement Give Your Ketosis the Perfect Boost!
- Perfect Keto Matcha Latte Review: Why You Should Add This MCT Oil Powder to Your Ketosis Routine!
- How Perfect Keto Base Exogenous Ketone Supplement Will Complete Your Ketosis Journey
- Perfect Keto Collagen Review: Tens of Options to Bring You a Protein Supplement That Is Most Effective And Reliable
Soon, the changes you have made in your diet and lifestyle, together with the use of supplements, will bring about an improvement in your body’s metabolic processes and help you lose several pounds in just a few weeks.
And once that happens, don’t forget your wish list! Once you start losing weight, you can have your wishes fulfilled one by one!